If you are suffering from neck and back pain after a car accident in Georgia, please call a chiropractor right away. Soft tissue neck and back injuries should be assessed immediately so that you can start feeling better as early as possible.
A chiropractor can help treat neck and back injuries caused by a car accident in Georgia. One with same-day appointments lets you begin the healing process today. You should look for a practice with convenient locations and hours, including Saturday appointments.
How a Chiropractor Relieves Your Neck and Back Pain
Chiropractors use controlled but gentle spinal alignment and other manipulations to treat neck pain and back injuries. Chiropractic medicine is a safe, holistic approach to pain relief, injury prevention, and overall health and wellness. Many people visit their chiropractor regularly to keep their spine and entire body strong and healthy.
Your first visit with a chiropractor from Dominguez Chiropractic will include a physical exam to determine the severity of your car accident injuries. You can even visit our on-site MD on the same day. It is important that you tell your chiropractor if you have:
- Neck pain or stiffness that worsens with movement
- Back pain that is worse with movement
- Difficulty moving your neck or back in any direction
- Tenderness and pain in the neck, back, shoulders, and upper arms
- Low back pain that extends into your pelvic area
Non-Invasive and Drug-Free Treatment to Reduce Pain
A chiropractor wants you to feel comfortable during your treatment. They may place you in specific body positions to get to the source of your pain.
Chiropractic care began over a century ago and is recognized worldwide for its many benefits. Some of the techniques that your chiropractor may use to relieve your neck and back pain might include:
- Massage to relieve stiff, sore muscles that are often the result of bracing for the impact in a car accident
- Spinal decompression to relieve pressure and inflammation in the neck, back, and shoulders
- Spinal adjustment using controlled but firm movements and manipulations
- Exercises and stretches you can do on your own to improve range of motion, increase circulation, and enhance flexibility
Recovering From Neck and Back Pain Caused by a Car Accident
Your chiropractor will prepare a personalized treatment plan that is designed to get you back to your normal activities as soon as it is safe to do so. However, it is important to note that soft tissue injuries take time to heal.
Several factors can affect your recovery, including:
- The severity of your neck or back injury
- Your age
- Your overall health
- Your desire to adhere to your chiropractor’s recommendations for follow-up care and treatment
Consult a Chiropractor for Neck and Back Pain From All Kinds of Accidents
A chiropractor should be consulted after any kind of motor vehicle accident:
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Bus accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- DUI accidents
- Moped and scooter accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Uber, Lyft, or taxi accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- MARTA accidents
Common Back and Neck Injuries From a Car Accident
Unlike broken or fractured bones, some car accident injuries do not show on imaging tests. These soft tissue injuries involve trauma or damage to muscles, tendons, and ligaments. They can be incredibly painful and prevent you from working, exercising, and sleeping.
A chiropractor can help treat neck and back injuries caused by a car accident in Georgia such as these common issues:
- Herniated or bulging discs
- Spinal cord damage
- Lower and upper back pain
- Sprains and strains in the neck and back
- Shoulder sprains
- Sore, stiff muscles
Pain Relief for Other Injuries and Medical Conditions
Chiropractic care relieves your neck and back pain from a car accident. It is also helpful for injuries due to:
- Sports and recreational activities
- Workplace injuries
- Chronic conditions such as osteoarthritis
A chiropractic diagnostic can help with the pain and inflammation from:
- Sprains, strains, disc pain, and other back injuries
- Neck injuries including sprains, strains, and joint dysfunction
- Repetitive stress pain
- Rotator cuff tears
- Numbness and tingling in the extremities
- Headaches caused by muscle tension, poor posture, or joint dysfunction
Call for Your One-Stop Auto Injury Center
Dominguez Chiropractic will treat your neck and back injuries caused by a car accident. We also help you file your auto insurance claim, refer you to reliable transportation and car repair, and can recommend a personal injury lawyer if necessary.
For a same-day appointment at one of our four convenient Georgia locations, please call (404) 800-3000.